Number of Partay Animals

Monday, August 10, 2009

Malls Galore!

I want his freakin' cold that's been putting me out of commission for the last 5 days to be gone!! Ok, that didn't work...my body has been in a daze, I must say my drug induced state has gotten my mind working overtime!! Just look to all the great artists who OD-ed on drugs and came up with such good music, good designs...you get the drift. I've got so much content in my head, it's threatening to implode!

Thought I'll do a debut advertorial for a really good friend of mine - Ju - whom I've known since we were like, what, 15?? Gawd...we're old..but I digress.

Young (ahem!), gorgeous and shrewd entrepreneur, she has opened yet another wha??! That's right! Another shoe store under her tiny, what, like 20 inch belt?!! Hate her....who has a waist that size and still hold her whole body upright?! Ridiculous! Know what else is ridiculous??! She has politely declined free advertising for now. She doesn't have enough staff so is resorted to manning the store herself. The sounds of KA-CHING at the cash tills is music to her ears.

Spanking new Ion on Orchard Road, ok, fine, 3 week old Ion, in a city that spawns malls like mould, I guess 3 weeks is pretty old, houses Ju's swanky new store. Since she wants her store to remain anonymous, I shall not disclose the exact location except that it is highly accessible by 2 escalators and situated right outside the food court with its insane choices, it's hard to miss it. The decor is eye catchingly kitschy yet sophisticated, and if you're lucky, you'll catch the soothing folksy jazz tunes of Norah Jones. Sprawling across probably like 50,000 sq ft, ok ok, I exaggerate, but it's HUGE compared to the other shoe stores on the same floor, you can find the cutest shoes to put on ur feet!

One of my favourites there has got to be these black dominatrix killer heels. I imagine a whip to go with it when I don those! HAAWT!! Hehehe...then they have these gladiator sandals that will make Russell Crowe weak in the knees and beggin' for more. Oh Oh! How about those sweet checkered wedge heels that are so nautical you can almost hear the captain going 'Ahoy!' If you're looking for safe, there're plenty of cute flats to choose from...BOTTOM LINE, you'll be spoilt for choices! I can almost hear "get the fuck away from those shoes, I saw them first!" without anyone batting an eyelash.

This shoe haven is always jam packed with a clientale that is young, hip and with great fashion sense. They want stuff that is ever changing because their own fickle taste is ever changing. They don't care for shoes that cost $200 that lasts for 2 years, they want trendy and affordable, PRONTO! Then, they want trendy and affordable, a month later when the fall collection comes in. Did I hear 'PRONTO?!' This is DA place for trendy and affordable, biatches! With prices ranging from low twenties and not exceed 70, what could possibly go wrong, other than them running out of sizes??!! *Gasp*

Oh oh! They have casual clutches and bags too, and since the opening of this location, they've included delicious accessories! I'm still not disclosing the name of the shoe store, Ju made me swear to secrecy until the buzz of Ion dies and when she's finally in desperate need of some in-your-face advertising.

In the meantime, I ponder over why S'poreans need yet ANOTHER mall. I mean there must be like more than 200 freakin' malls on Orchard Road, no?! And for those who don't know Orchard Road, for the benefit of my non-Singaporean friends, Orchard Road is a five minute drive through with no traffic, that's how small it is. What is this insatiable hunger for more malls?? Oh that's right, we need just ANOTHER one that has the same stores as the one beside it, selling the same shit as the one beside it, with the same shitty ass faced sales people working in it, not you, Ju, not you. Hehe...

Happy Shopping!
Lady P.



No comments: