Number of Partay Animals

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Single, anyone??

So I've been back in Singapore from Canada since November 08. How time flies, I mean I still can't believe I've been in Toronto for the last 10 years. 10 years!! That's a pretty long time for anybody. I'm now in what, August? Geez, another 3 more months and I would have been here for an entire year. What do I say, congratu-fucking-lations.
It's been a bit of an adjustment, can't say it's been easy but my friends have been a great source of comfort. As you can all imagine, I've been going to events, parties, gatherings, you name it. I mean I've always been doing this, right...except this one event, it was a singles party back in Jan/Feb time frame! Seriously, I've never even been to a singles party when I was single but I was game eventhough I'm now married!

Roger extended the invitation to both David and I and I must say we were abit apprehensive at first but he convinced us by telling us to treat it as a networking event. I thought about it, yah, we're newly back in this country, why not?!

It happened on a Thursday night at Overeasy at 1 Fullerton, this row of chic and upbeat establishment made up of shi shi restaurants, clubs, bars and lounges along the water. David and I grabbed a cab on the way down and while we were in transit, this was our conversation.

David: Oh shit.
Me: What?

David shows me his hand.

David: I forgot my ring.
Me: Ahhh...how convenient, for a SINGLES party!

He never forgets his ring, like WHA DA HELL?! Ah well, looked like he was out to have a good time, and guess what, so was I, especially after he 'forgot' his ring.
When we got to Overeasy, the crowd was kinda tame, people were clustered around their tables, mingling with their own friends! Like HELLO!! If mingling with your own friends was the objective here, why are you even at a singles party?!! Like doh, wouldn't it be more fun staying home by your loser lonesome?!! I was determined to have a good time!

We had to grab these coloured labels and write our names on it, blue ones if you're single and orange if you're taken. I went for the blue and Roger put Lady J on mine. Ooooh, I sound like a dominatrix already, me likey!

I don't know what it was about the atmosphere but I got down to it and worked the room. I chatted with anyone and everyone, made eye contact, laughed at clever and not so clever jokes and was totally myself. Several people asked if I was one of the organizers, which surprised me and when I enquired as to why they asked that, they said I just seemed really self-assured. Now, that's a nice compliment! I absolutely had fabulous time that night, probably because I had no expectations and was just there to have a good time.

Overheard a bitch at the party:
"This party is so boring. Half the people here, *hphm* they can't make it. I'm too good for them"

Geez, like seriously, get off your high horse and stop bitching like you've got something up your ass. Then maybe, you'll have some fun around here like the rest of us 'commoners'.

What is it about some of these s'porean women? They're so frigid, it's no wonder S'porean men are turned off by the prospect of even approaching them. What would be the point, they'll probably be given the cold shoulder at the very least or asked what car they drive and then dismissed as not good enough anyways. Poor fucking blokes, they end up going home with their right hands and fantasizing of the tight ass bitch who wouldn't give them the time of day.

At the end of the evening, I had spoken to a dentist, a doctor, an engineer, a photographer, a political activist who is about to launch his magazine and several really cool, really artsy people.

Overheard the same bitch, just when I was about to leave:
"What?! There were doctors and dentists?? WHERE????"

Muahahahahhaaa....with that, Lady J exists with her lover boy.







Here's the none-ring-wearing dude with a couple he met at the party.

Joanne, one of the organizers, and Grahame.

Roger, buddy and friend, with Meiyi, a super cool IT chick and Chris oh Chris!

Roger and Michael. If you think you're seeing double, you are! Coz Grahame and Michael are twins.

Tim, Joanne (Organizer), Julianna (Organizer) and Grahame.

Alyssa and Marlene

Joan, friends since primary school, her friend since god knows when, and Marc, sweetest guy ever, and smart!

Pictures courtesy of Alyssa's FB page.

I'm out.

Lady P.

No comments: