Number of Partay Animals

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Product Review - Maybelline Angelfit Porezerobase

Janice is a beauty product junkie. She introduced me to Maybelline Angelfit Porezerobase, if she hadn't, I probably wouldn't have tried it in a million years. I'm a make-up snob that way, I don't buy drug store brands usually and think nothing of splurging a couple hundred dollars on better known cosmetics. This product has changed my mind.


When I first saw Janice use it, she was smoothing it on her face like moisturizer so I thought it was just moisturizer. It piqued my interest when 10 minutes later, she was still doing the same and her face was literally glowing at this point. It brightened her face and gave her a healthy radiant glow instantly. The kind of glow you get after an intense sex romp in the hay. I was sold.



Picked a tube of it up from Watsons at $19.90, although you can get it at 24 hour Mustafa Centre at $17.90. Wasn't very crazy about the packaging. I mean the brand is from New York, but it's made in China and all the product info is in Japanese!! I couldn't read anything on it so was none too pleased since I pride myself in making informed choices. I took the leap of faith and decided to try it anyways.

The pinkish iridescent liquid has a runny texture which makes for easy blending. Janice used her fingers to blend it in but I found it easier with a flat foundation brush. The minute it goes on my skin, I notice the illuminating effect and how it evens out my skin tone. My pores are diminished and I love the non-greasy feeling on my skin. There is hardly a scent, maybe a mild floral one which I hardly noticed. Plus point, it has SPF 25.



The Maybelline Angelfit Porezerobase can be used as a primer under foundation and on days when I feel lazy or don't need too much coverage, I just use it on its own and dab concealer on my dots and scars. Then a layer of loose powder will suffice.



On days that I do require more coverage, I wear it as a primer. I started using it with my BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream, which is a bad combination for my skin. BRTC has wonderful coverage but is waaaaay too light for my skin tone. Angelfit already has brightening properties so combining the two was absolutely disastrous. I looked like I was ready for the Hungry Ghost Festival with a white mask on.




I went out in search of the perfect foundation/BB cream tone for myself. Alas, I could not find a BB cream that was dark enough for me so had to settle for a fabulous foundation I picked up at Sephora. I will review it in a later post.



This latter combination is a dream. My skin is literally an oil rig, which is also prone to acne and break outs but while I had the primer and foundation on, with loose powder to set it, I didn't have to blot all day coz there was no shine, just a dewy finish. Also, I didn't have to touch up with pressed powder either, even on days when I was sweating most ungraciously in the sweltering heat of Singapore. My pores didn't feel clogged even thought my make up was still on my face at the end of the day.



Verdict: the Maybelline Angelfit Porezerobase is a wet dream and MUST BE tried.


Go out and get yours today.


Gimme more...


Lady Partay.

No comments: